Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

WELCOME TO 2009!

You must remember this
A kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by


And boy, has time gone by fast! 2008 was quite a year. It honestly wasn't a year that I'll remember very fondly. It was a busy and chaotic year and I found very little energy to devote to this site. However, there were some very exciting and positive chapters including a new job venture on a television show and my engagement! But now as I've finally ushered the last of our drunken holiday party guests out the door and swept up the New Year's Eve confetti I'm happy to begin a new year.

I plan to find time to throw up a post or two here on Acme Instant Food. I should, however, try to remember not to use the words "throw up" on my food blog. I've missed my kitchen explorations. I've also missed the cool and creative people I've met here online and in person. I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2009. Now let's get cookin'!

15 comments:

Doodles said...

cannot begin to tell you how much you are missed. Please take time to fill us in on all the goings on in your lives.........new job?!?!?!?!!!

Laura Rebecca said...

Happy New Year! Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm glad to hear that you're back, and I'm looking forward to reading about all the tasty things you're making.

matt said...

OH HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU!

George said...

Sweet.

keiko said...

Dear Kevin, I have missed you and am so happy to hear the wonderful news! Many congratulations! kxxx

jdeq said...

Good to see you're posting again!

Lunch Buckets said...

ooooooo - a post! Congratulations on the engagement :)

christianne said...

I missed you too! And I feel you on the engagement thing - mine has completely destroyed my blog! Congrats!

David said...

Welcome back. As you know, when they say, "Once you go back..."

Trig said...

Jeez, that must have been some great champagne. You go off to a wedding in June and you only just get back! Congratulations on your engagement and a Happy New Year to you.

Trig said...

I forgot to add that looking at your post I can just hear Dooley Wilson singing and pretending to play the piano. Here's to something more than a simple hill of beans in 2009.

Sean said...

Please don't throw up on your blog.

Looking forward to what you have on offer in 2009!

Ed Tep said...

Kevin - Happy new year to you, and congratulations on the engagememt.

iamchanelle said...

WOOOT! yer back!

hope 2009 brings many good and delicious things your way (especially so you can tell us all about it, hee hee!)

George said...

So much for that resolution-lol!

I'm just messin' witcha...